Team Consulting & Coaching
Like people, teams are full of inner diversity and conflict, as well as the capacity for creativity, innovation and growth. Unresolved conflict, power struggles, diversity issues, and the breakdown of communication erode trust and impede achieving results. Without trust, team members do not feel safe to admit vulnerability, skill deficiencies, and personal shortcomings. They hide mistakes for fear of reprisal and the bottom line suffers. I teach 4 simple, but not easy, skills that are vital to developing strong, productive, and trustworthy teams.
1) Use power consciously and effectively
2) Engage in productive conflict
3) Make clear, congruent commitments
4) Be willing to hold each other accountable
Depending on your needs, goals, and culture, I design and deliver customized training programs. Some thematic umbrellas include: diversity intelligence; moving from conflict to cooperation; communication competence; navigating power dynamics; the art of feedback; and aligning mission, vision, and values.
Here’s what your team can expect:
- Increased trust and deeper connections
- Skills for conflict resolution
- Ability to have tough, direct conversations and share vulnerabilities without fear of reprisal
- Increased awareness of power and its impact on others
- Increased clarity about roles and commitments
Teamwork takes work. But any team can make significant progress, and that’s where the real fun begins. A strong team fosters and supports the individual’s sense of connection and purpose, creating impact far beyond the office.